The Draft Tree Strategy 2022-2027 (PDF, 6.6MB) is designed to guide the management, planning, planting, and maintenance of all trees within the city, with a particular focus on street trees. The Council has committed to increase the City’s tree canopy cover by 20% by 2045 starting with 500 street trees to be planted in 2022.
The broad aim of the Tree Strategy is “to create a greener, cooler and more liveable City to enhance community well-being” by adapting to climate change, reducing urban heat and supporting biodiversity whilst delivering clean, safe, beautiful streets and footpaths.
What do you think?
- Will the proposed strategy achieve these aims?
- Do you have a specific view on how trees and vegetation should be managed in our area?
- Could more be done in our parks and reserves?
- What about increased planting of local native plant species and/or species to provide food and shelter for birds, insects, small mammals, and lizards?
- How do the Tree Strategies for other Councils compare e.g., Burnside, Prospect, Unley, Mitcham?
Have your say! Consultation closes on Friday 4th March 2022.
Visit https://www.npsp.sa.gov.au/our_community/community_consultation to download the Draft Strategy and submit online feedback OR email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org OR post a written submission to Draft Tree Strategy, City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters, PO Box 204, Kent Town SA 5071. Hard copies of the Draft are available for viewing at Town Hall and Council libraries.
The KRA is considering the draft strategy and will be making a submission. We would appreciate receiving a copy of your submission.
Please contact our secretary:
Mr Andrew Dyson
Kensington Residents’ Association
42 Regent Street, Kensington 5068
Phone: 8331 9654