THIS INFORMATION HAS BEEN PROVIDED BY JOHN STIMSON, PRESIDING MEMBER, PLANNING SYSTEM IMPLEMENTATION REVIEW.
The new State government has commissioned an Expert Panel to review planning legislation, the Planning & Design Code as it relates to infill policy, trees, character, heritage and car parking, the ePlanning system and the PlanSA website usability/ accessibility of information. The Panel has released 3 Discussion Papers and opened registrations for a series of engagement workshops. The Panel want to hear about all ideas for reform that may benefit the South Australian community and encourages you to raise any matters that have not otherwise been canvassed in the Discussion Papers. Summary papers are available to assist members of the public in making a submission to the Panel and to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to participate in the review. You can view the Discussion Papers and the summary papers on the Panel’s website www.plan.sa.gov.au/planning_review.
The Discussion Papers are titled:
- Discussion Paper – Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016 Reform Options;
- Discussion Paper – Planning and Design Code Reform Options; and
- Discussion Paper – Proposed Reform to the e-Planning System and the PlanSA Website.
The Panel has prepared plain English summary papers to assist members of the public in making a submission to the Panel and to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to participate in the review:
- Introduction to Summary Papers;
- Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016;
- Character and Heritage in the Planning and Design Code;
- Tree Policy in the Planning and Design Code;
- Infill Policy in the Planning and Design Code;
- Car parking Policy in the Planning and Design Code; and
- E-Planning and PlanSA.
Registrations are also now open for the Panel’s engagement workshops:
- Monday 24 October 2022 – Online State Government Practitioner Workshop
- Thursday 27 October 2022 – In Person Local Government Mayors and CEOs Workshop (Session 1: Metropolitan & Regional Centres, Session 2: Regional & Remote)
- Monday 31 October 2022 – Online Local Government Mayors and CEOs Workshop
- Tuesday 8 November 2022 – Online Building Practitioner Workshop
- Wednesday 16 November 2022 – In Person Planning Practitioner Workshop
- Monday 21 November 2022 – Online Planning Practitioner Workshop
- Thursday 24 November 2022 – In Person Planning Practitioner Workshop
- Thursday 1 December 2022 – Online Community Workshop
- Thursday 8 December 2022- In Person Community Workshop (Metro North)
- Monday 12 December 2022 – In Person Community Workshop (Metro South)
You can register for one (1) of the above workshops via the Panel’s Eventbrite page. In addition to attending a workshop, all South Australians are encouraged to participate in the review by:
- making a submission directly to the Panel (via email or post); or
- making a submission or completing a survey through the Panel’s YourSAy page.
Submissions can be sent to the Panel:
- Via email: DTI.PlanningReview@sa.gov.au
- Via post: Attention: Expert Panel, GPO Box 1815, Adelaide SA 5001
- Via phone: 08 7133 3222
The final date to make a submission to the Panel is Friday 16 December 2022.
You can learn more about the Planning System Implementation Review at www.plan.sa.gov.au/planning_review .